Gambling Addiction Warning Signs
Gambling online has many benefits and that is probably one of the main reasons why certain individuals get addicted to this form of online entertainment. Discipline is everything and all players are advised to always bet money they can afford losing. Don’t chase your losses because you might end up losing more than you bargained for. Gambling addiction may become a serious threat in someone’s life and there are vital symptoms to look out for. Online gambling excitement will always be there but sometimes players take it too far and end up losing everything they have ever worked for including family. Here are serious gambling addiction warning signs you should be looking out for:
- Gamblers use any substance to keep them away from their betting problem like consuming alcohol by the bottles and even taking legal or illegal drugs.
- Addicts steal things in order to fund their online casino bankroll account.
- Rage outbursts are common amongst players seeing that they are losing in the world of gambling.
- Players bet money they cannot afford losing but still pursue betting.
- Gamblers try to win back their losses by claiming online casino bonuses in hopes to win, especially non deposit bonuses when desperate.
- Bettors push friends and family away because they feel ashamed of their addiction.
- Gamblers normally ask for loans or advances on their salaries to bet online.
- Sleeping patterns change and players are filled with stress.
- Suicide is sometimes considered by online gambling addicts.
Where can I find help?
Contact gamblers anonymous online for the best help and tips to follow. Contact a church, support group or any organisation that will help with this addiction. Discontinue your account at your online casino and take up a new hobby to get your mind of things. Addicts need support, so make sure you actually get it, don’t feel ashamed because everyone make mistakes, it is how you fix them that counts!
Now that you know a bit more about online gambling addiction, play on all your favourite games in the free play mode and master your skills before betting blindly. Don’t chase your losses and remember that online gambling should be fun and not take over your life. Never give out your personal details because you might become a victim of fraud and identity theft. Report dodgy players and try to limit the amounts of time you spend in front of the computer!